Physical fitness is related to better brain health
Studies have concluded that there is a link between cognitive performance and physical fitness. According to a recent study when you are physically fit, it can help you in reducing the symptoms related to depression, dementia and other issues. There are also studies which have shown there is a positive link between certain changes in the brain structure and staying physically fit. Researchers were able to associate high blood pressure in those who had very low levels of physical fitness. There are several other factors which are linked to fitness like the blood glucose levels, body mass index, educational status etc.
According to the latest experiments which have been carried out in Germany at the University Hospital Muenster, they have made research on a sample of healthy people where they have checked and tested for the link between brain structure, physical fitness and the cognitive domains. They were asked to walk as fast as they can, and noted the distance covered by them. In this study scientists have considered various parameters like the patient’s sharpness, reasoning ability, memory and judgement. It was observed that people who have performed best in 2 minutes walk test have also performed best in others but 1 in cognitive task. Even after having controlled factors like the blood pressure, BMI, age, sex etc their relationship was significant. Researchers have also found that there was great improvement in cognitive thinking when the people have higher levels of fitness when there was improvement in structural integrity of the white matter. Even in youngsters the cognitive performance would decrease with the reduced levels of fitness. Dr Repple said that we know the importances of it in people who are older and who doesn’t have a healthy life, but it is surprising to see in 30 years old. This shows the importance of staying fit and how it can help in maintaining better brain health.
Know the risk of prostrate cancer
Prostrate cancer is one of the most common cancers, especially in men living in America. So, it’s always better to know about the factors that might cause prostrate cancer and warning signs which you shouldn’t neglect. Around 175,000 new prostrate cancer cases have been estimated in the United States by American Cancer Society this year and more than 31,000 deaths reported. One out of nine men has been diagnosed with prostrate cancer. If the disease has been diagnosed at an early stage it will be easy for the doctors to treat it successfully. But in some cases it might be severe and might spread very fast when you may have very less chances of having expected results from the treatment.
According to the American Urological Association men who are within 55 to 69 years old has to go for the screening of prostrate cancer. It’s not like all the men have to go through this prostrate cancer screening but before they go for it, they should discuss about the health issues with their health care provider so that it would be easy for them to decide on it. Those who already have prostrate cancer might have issues with urinating. Sometimes they might urinate very often and sometimes weak or slow stream while urinating. It might pain for them while urinating and in some they might find blood in urine. The symptoms vary from person to person. Men who are older than 50, have higher risks of getting prostrate cancer. 6 out of 10 men who have crossed 65 years of age will be suffering from prostrate cancer.
Another important factor which you need to consider is the race. Men who are black have a higher chance of dying due to prostrate cancer than whites. Men who are from Asian-American and Hispanic have a very low risk of developing prostrate cancer than the white population. This is also related to hereditary. If father or brother has prostrate cancer there are higher or you can say double the chances of a man getting the disease. If they have a higher number of relatives who were suffering from prostrate cancer, especially when they were young then definitely the person is at higher risk. Diagnosing at an early stage might help the patient and the doctor by providing appropriate treatment on time so that they can save a life and prevent them from prostrate cancer sufferings.
Reasons to choose a plant-based diet
The best way to treat any of the chronic diseases is by going for a diet rich in veggies and fruits. When you go for the plant based diet it doesn’t mean that you have to leave having non veg completely, but you have to minimize the intake of it while increasing the intake of vegetarian foods.
- Prevent diabetes: Around 287 million people have diabetes and the numbers might raise in future. According to the researchers, opting for a plant -based diet can actually help you to get rid of diabetes.
- Control hypertension: According to various studies and research, when you take food rich in fruits and vegetables, it will reduce the blood pressure. Blood pressure in turn might lead to various heart diseases and even stroke.
- Health of heart: When researchers have tracked the health habits of people for 14 years, it has been observed that people who were having a good amount of vegetables and fruits had very low chances of developing cardiovascular diseases. The more you can intake these veggies and fruits the healthy your heart will be.
- Weight loss: Vegetarians will usually have low intake of calories than non vegetarians and this is the reason why they lose weight easily and have lower BMI. You can have fruits and veggies along with a bowl of whole grains rather than meat to stay fuller and to have low calorie food.
- Fiber rich foods: Adding of fiber in your diet will help you in preventing constipation by aiding proper digestion. Fiber also helps in reducing the body blood sugar levels and lowers cholesterol. The raspberries and cooked green peas are high in fiber content.
- Vision value: To have a proper night vision vitamin A is important and carrots are rich in vitamin A. spinach, corn, kiwi, squash, kale, grapes are also good for the eyes. These foods contain pigments like zeaxanthin and lutein which are known to prevent cataracts as well as macular degeneration.
- Care for skin: When you consume animal products, the saturated fats present in it also causes clogged pores. Taking enough fruits and vegetables helps you to maintain a healthy skin as they contain important pigments, vitamins and phytochemicals that our skin needs. Tomatoes have lycopene that helps our skin from sun damage while sweet potatoes reduce wrinkles as they are rich in vitamin C as it stimulates the production of collagen in our skin which helps in skin tightening.
Know the 5-6 best medical career jobs
In order to get a good job in the medical field all you will need is good education and should be passionate to help others.
The following are the list of few medical jobs which are available for you in the market.
- Medical assistant: He or sheis a person who will be handling the various administrative tasks in a hospital. With just minimal training you will be able to find jobs easily. Their annual salary could be $ 33,610 per year. Their main task is to assist the various departments of the hospital in various ways. His or her role is to see that the hospital runs smoothly.
- Nursing assistant: For this job a person has to be licensed or registered nurse. They should be able to handle medical equipment, administer sponge bath and a lot more. The annual salary provided to the nursing assistant might be around $28,530 each year. A good nurse can give a lot of relief to the patient and takes a major role in the treatment of the patient.
- Physician: The most important person, they diagnose and treat the patients. Most of them will be working in a hospital but those who have experience will have their own operating clinics as well. They can be specialized in various departments like oncology, paediatrics, family care etc. They might earn an annual salary of $208,000 per year and may go up further with the years.
- Pharmacy technician: They help the pharmacists to assist their patients. They should be familiar with the various drug names and their uses. Still they shouldn’t prescribe medicines to a patient. They should also know how to apply medicines and help patients with the right dose. They can earn an annual salary of $32,700.
- Diagnostic medical sonographer: He or she is a person who will be responsible for operating various imaging machinery in hospitals, physician’s office or a clinic. They will operate sonogram, ultrasound and several other similar machines to create patient’s image. He plays a very important role as far as medical testing of the patient is considered at different levels. Their salary can be around $67,080 per year.
- Clinical lab technician: They are generally known as the lab techs who perform various medical lab tests. They use samples collected to perform tests. They earn around $52,330 per year.